Tuesday 22 October 2013

Ileostomy bags

Okay SO,
I am gunna post a photo of the bags I wear, I actually went through about 3 different types of bags to finally find a type that didn't split after bending down for like, 2 seconds. Absolutely ridiculous ay? 



This bag is a Coloplast maxi. The best thing about this bag is that the back of it is veryyy structured so there's less chance  of them splitting with the slightest movement, they're brilliant! I have been using these for about 3 years now. Thankfully I didn't suffer with the useless splitting bags for long as my stoma nurses were wonderful and sorted me out pretty quickly.

In the second picture you'll notice the hole on the back of the bag- this is the bit I place over my stoma, i have to cut around the 25mm line for it to fit.
I change my bag every 4-5 days or sometimes earlier.

I even have a pretty snazzy bag cover (forgive me for saying snazzy, it really did just slip out. but it is snazzy) which you can see here- 


I got the bag specially made for me, by a lady who makes them for children. I obviously had to have leopard print!

1 comment: