Friday 25 October 2013

Oh hello Bag..

So carrying on from my last post.. 

I woke up with the bag. I was a bit scared, of course. I don't remember a GREAT deal as I was doped up to my eyeballs with morphine, tramadol and god knows what else!
What I do remember is I couldn't walk.. so I had to have physiotherapy, which was exhausting.
Oh yeah and 'cos the doctors didn't allow me to eat for 10 days I lost 4 stone and was a skeleton. I went from just over 9 stone to 5 stone, scary stuff.
My hair was falling out from the stress and I generally felt gross and down.. my dad actually shaved my hair into a chelsea cut for me when I got out of hospital.

Surprisingly, I took to the bag really well. The fact that my friend Skinny Pete had a colostomy bag made me feel a whole lot better about the situation, as I wasn't COMPLETELY clueless about it all. 
The other person that really helped me adjust and deal with it was my boyfriend, Chutney. I was thinking because I had lost weight, looked vile, FELT vile and had a bag he wouldn't want to be with me, absolutely ridiculous thinking on my part, but it goes through everyones mind i'm sure. 
Of course, he told me to get a bloody grip and we have been together for four years now.

I'd love to speak to others who have ileostomies or any kind of bag really, hear your stories and generally have a good ol' moan about our bags

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment